#32 Joe Gibbon
Joe Gibbon appeared in 29 games and was 1-2 with one save and a 1.58 ERA.
#147 Frank Linzy
- Frank Linzy was the closer for the Giants in 1968. He went 9-8 with 12 saves and a 2.08 ERA in 57 games
- Linzy had good years for the Giants in the 1960s, but 1968 was his last good one. His ERA rose to 3.64 in 1969 and by 1970 he was traded to the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Frank had a a few more good seasons as a reliever for other clubs in the 1970s before retiring in 1974.
#333 Ron Herbel
- Ron Herbel pitched in 28 games (2 starts). He had no record and had a 3.35 ERA in 43 innings
- The first time I was aware of Ron Herbel was when I read a blurb about him in the classic book The Great American Baseball Card Trading, Flipping and Bubble Gum Book in the mid-1970s. The authors were making fun of Ron's lack of offense. Herbel had a lifetime batting average of .029 (6 for 206 with two doubles).
- Ron pitched for the Giants from 1963-1969. He had stints with the San Diego Padres, the New York Mets, and the Atlanta Braves before ending his career in 1971.
#545 Lindy McDaniel
Lindy McDaniel pitched in 12 games for the Giants in 1968 and was 0-0 with a 7.45 ERA in 12 games.
Lindy was traded to the New York Yankees on July 12 for Bill Monboquette
Others who pitched for the Giants in 1968 who didn't receive a 1968 Topps Giants card:
Bill Monboquette (0-1, 1 save, 3.75 ERA in 7 games)
Rich Robertson (2-0, 6.00 ERA in 3 games - 1 start)
- Bill Henry (0-2, 5.40 ERA in 7 games - 1 start)