- I made a couple of 1952 Bowman Giants pickups.
- Jim Hearn pitched in the majors from 1947-1959.
- He started in the St. Louis Cardinals organization and was waived in July 1950. Jim was picked up by the Giants on July 10.
- Jim went 11-3 with a 1.94 ERA for the Giants during the remainder of the 1950 season.
- Hearn had his biggest year in 1951 when he won 17 games and lost 9. Jim had a 3.62 ERA.
- Jim started and won game 3 of the 1951 World Series
- Hearn was a starter for the Giants for the next several years, winning 14 games in 1952 and in 1956.
- Hearn continued to pitch for the Giants through the 1956 season. After the 1956 season he was traded to the Philadelphia Phillies for Stu Miller
- Hearn was mostly used as a reliever until his release in May 1959.
Down on the Farm: 2017 AZL Giants Season Review
4 hours ago