- Von Joshua (#82) played in 62 games, batting .263 in 156 AB as the starting center fielder for the first two months of the season. He was sold to the Milwaukee Brewers on June 2.
- Gary Matthews (#133) batted .279 with 20 HR and 84 RBI. Matthews, Larry Herndon, and Bobby Murcer were the starting outfielders and they all tied for the team lead in stolen bases with 12. Gary left the Giants and signed with the Atlanta Braves after the 1976 season.
- Bobby Murcer (#470) was the starting right fielder and batted .259 with a team-leading 23 HR and 90 RBI. He was traded to the Chicago Cubs after the season as part of the deal that brought Bill Madlock to the Giants.
- Glenn Adams (#389) was one of those Phoenix Giants who did great in the minors but didn't do as well in the majors. In 1976 Adams batted .243 in 74 AB and was sold to the Minnesota Twins after the season. In eight seasons in the minors Glenn had a lifetime .311 batting average, including a .352 mark for Phoenix in 1974 and a .330 average for AAA Syracuse in 1982.
- Gary Thomasson (#261) batted .259 with 8 HR and 38 RBI in 368 at bats as a backup outfielder and first baseman. He started with the Giants in 1972 and played with them through the 1977 season. Gary was one of the several players traded to the Oakland A's for Vida Blue before the 1978 season.
Others who played OF in 1976 but didn't receive Topps Giants cards:
- Larry Herndon - starting CF after Von Joshua's departure (.288 in 337 AB)
- Jack Clark (.225 in 102 AB as a 20-year-old rookie)