# 290 Willie McCovey
- Willie McCovey was the Giants' offensive leader in 1968. He led the club in most of the offensive categories.
- McCovey batted .293 with 36 HR and 105 RBI in 1968
#436 Hal Lanier
- What was with the Giants and offensively-challenged shortstops? It looks like Hal Lanier was the 1960s version of Johnnie LeMaster.
- Lanier batted .206 in 151 games. He had a .222 on base percentage and a .239 slugging percentage
#126 Bobby Etheridge
- Bobby Etheridge didn't play for the Giants in 1968
- Bobby batted .278 in 113 games for AAA Phoenix in 1968.
- Etheridge spent most of his career (1964-1973) in the minors. He played 40 games for the Giants in 1967 and 56 games in 1969. That was it for his major league career.
#525 Jim Davenport
- Jim Davenport batted .224 in 113 games
- Davenport mostly played 3B (82 games) but also played in 17 games at SS and one game at 2B.
#73 Jim Hart
- Jim Hart split time between third base and left field in 1968.
- Hart batted .258 with 23 HR and 78 RBI in 136 games.
Others who played infield for the Giants but who didn't get 1968 Topps cards:
- Ron Hunt started at second base and batted .250 in 148 games. He led the NL in times hit by a pitch (25) and had a .371 on base percentage.
- Frank Johnson batted .190 in 67 games. He played most of his games at third base and also filled in at 2B, SS, and in the outfield.
- Nate Oliver batted .178 in 36 games as a utility infielder.
- Bob Schroeder batted .159 in 35 games as a utility infielder.
- Don Mason batted .158 in 10 games.