- The Giants had SO many good young outfield prospects in the 1970s: Garry Maddox, Gary Matthews, Dave Kingman, George Foster, and later Jack Clark. How could they have let so many of them go?
- On May 4, 1975 the Giants traded Maddox to the Philadelphia Phillies even-up for Willie Montanez. Yuck!
- Garry won the first of eight straight Gold Gloves in 1975.
- We just got back from a short visit to Albuquerque. One thing I'll say is: Google Maps for the Android phone is great when traveling! I got a lot of use out of it during this time in Albuquerque.
- One of the cool things is that I was able to do a search for "sports cards" and it came up with several stores. I think Albuquerque has more card shops than Phoenix.
- The shop I visited is called Bubba's Baseball Bullpen. The store is located at 8206 Menaul Blvd. NE. It has a pretty good selection of newer stuff, lots of supplies, and some good vintage cards as well. It was nice to see that the owner didn't need to look at a price guide before giving me prices for 1970s common cards. I picked up this 1975 Hostess card of Garry Maddox and several vg-ex 1973 commons and semi stars. His singles are half price for the rest of 2011.
- Here is a video someone made a couple of years ago:
Game Wrap 4/27/2017: Dodgers 5 Giants 1
3 hours ago