- I already featured the 1962 Giants in another entry, but this one deserves its own entry.
- I got this card and three 1969 Topps cards in a trade with Gritz 76 of Project '62 on Zistle. Zistle has a good trade feature now. It would be nice to see more members put vintage cards on their want lists and trade lists.
- Mike McCormick was a mainstay of the Giants rotation in two stints with the Giants.
- Mike came up with the Giants in 1956 and stayed with them through the 1962 season. He was an NL All Star in 1960 and in 1961.
- McCormick was traded to the Baltimore Orioles after the 1962 season and pitched for them in 1963 and in 1964. Mike pitched for the Washington Senators in 1965 and in 1966 and then was traded back to the Giants.
- McCormick had a great bounce-back season in 1967. He led the NL with 22 wins and won the NL Cy Young Award
- Mike stayed with the Giants until the middle of the 1970 season. He pitched for the New York Yankees in 1970 and for the Kansas City Royals in 1971.
- McCormick was released by the Royals in June 1971. He pitched in the minors in 1972 and in 1973 but didn't get back to the majors.
Jae-Gyun Hwang Voted 2017 Barney Nugent Award Winner
11 hours ago