- Bruce Christensen had a long minor league career. He played from 1966 through 1976 (except for 1969 and 1970)
- Christensen retired after batting .240 for Phoenix in 1976.
- Bruce was called up to the California Angels in mid-July 1971 and stayed with the club for the rest of the year. It was the only stint he had in the majors
- In July 1973 Christensen was traded with pitcher Don Rose to the Giants for Ed Figueroa.
- This is from the March 1973 issue of Baseball Digest:
Jae-Gyun Hwang Voted 2017 Barney Nugent Award Winner
12 hours ago