- I kind of let this blog go for a couple of years because I had a lot going on at home. In 2012 we brought in a (then six year old) foster daughter and adopted her in 2013. We have a little two year old foster boy now and we hope to adopt him in a couple of months.
- Mr. Haverkamp sent a bunch of Giants cards and that got me thinking that I need to get this blog going again. Things have settled down enough at home for me to do this. I'll be posting some stuff from him (including this card) along with some things I've received from others recently.
- Ken Reitz was a one-year second baseman for the Giants in 1976. He originally came to the Giants in December 1975 in a trade with the St. Louis Cardinals for pitcher Pete Falcone.
- Reitz made 141 starts at third base for the Giants in 1976. Ken was slightly above league average in fielding percentage (.959 compared to the NL average of .952), but he didn't provide much offense (.267, 5 HR, 66 RBI). Ken also posted a nasty .293 on base percentage.
- Ken was traded back to the Cardinals after the 1976 season for pitcher Lynn McGlothen. At the time the Giants were thinking of putting prospect Jack Clark at third base. They ended up acquiring Bill Madlock for third base for the 1977 season.
Open Championship Series Thread - 10/18
4 hours ago