Monday, January 19, 2015

Wallet Card 2015


  • I figured I'd do something different for the 2015 wallet card. At first I wanted to do 1978 Topps Greg Minton, but I don't have a duplicate card. Then I thought of the old Wacky Packages that first came out in the late 1960s as die-cuts. I collected the stickers when I was in second and third grades (1973-1974). Early in my third grade year in 1974 I made the mistake of bringing my wacky packages to school. They got stolen and I was not a happy kid. I had most of the stickers from series 5-12. When I was in 8th grade (1979-1980) Topps came out with these reprints. I collected them, but it just wasn't the same. Every so often Topps comes out with new ones, but I don't have any of them.
  • Can you guess which year is being parodied in this one? A clue is below:

  • I'm going to take the precaution of putting this in a penny sleeve, but I don't expect it to last all year. Here's to some adventure with the Apes' star player!




2 comments:

night owl said...

That's an excellent choice.

gcrl said...

as great as the '78 greg minton is, i like the card you wound up choosing.