- Felipe Alou (#287) played LF in games when Orlando Cepeda played 1B and also spelled the other two starting outfielders (Willie Mays and Willie Kirkland). He batted .264 with 8 HR and 44 RBI in 322 at bats.
- Willie Mays (#200, #564, and #7) had his usual good season in 1960. He batted .319 with 29 HR and 103 RBI. Willie scored 107 runs and stole 25 bases. Mays was 3rd in NL MVP balloting. In the first All Star game Willie was 3-4 with a double, triple and a run scored. In the second All Star game Mays was also 3-4 with a home run and a stolen base.
- Orlando Cepeda (#450) played 91 games in LF and 63 games at 1B. He played LF and was 0-1 in the first 1960 All Star game. He was 0-2 in the second All Star game. For the season Cepeda batted .297 with 24 HR and 96 RBI.
- Willie Kirkland (#172) started in RF. He batted .252 with 21 HR, 10 3B, and 65 RBI. The emergence of Felipe Alou made Kirkland expendable and he was traded to the Cleveland Indians with Johnny Antonelli for Harvey Kuenn after the season.
Others who played OF for the Giants but didn't get a 1960 Topps Giants card:
- Dave Philley (purchased from the Phillies in May, sold to the Orioles in September - .164 in 61 AB)
- Matty Alou (.333 in 3 AB)