- Juan Marichal (# 480) was in his last season as a San Francisco Giant. He was 11-15 with a 3.82 ERA in 32 starts. He was sold to the Boston Red Sox after the season.
- Jim Barr (# 387) was 11-17 with a 3.81 ERA in 41 games (33 starts) in 1973.
- Sam McDowell (# 511 and # 345) was 1-2 with a 4.50 ERA in 18 games (3 starts) for the Giants in 1973. He was sold to the New York Yankees on June 7.
- Tom Bradley (# 336) was 13-12 with a 3.90 ERA in 34 starts. He pitched for the Giants through the 1975 season (including a stint in Phoenix), then was waived to the Oakland A's. Tom didn't make the A's, pitched in the minors in 1976, and then retired.
- Don Carrithers (# 651) was 1-2 with a 4.81 ERA in 25 games (3 starts). He was traded to the Montreal Expos after the season, pitched for them through the 1976 season, then ended his career with the Minnesota Twins in 1977.
Others who pitched for the Giants but didn't receive a 1973 Topps Giants card:
- Elias Sosa (71 games, 10-4, 18 saves, 3.28 ERA)
- Don McMahon (22 games, 4-0, 6 saves, 1.48 ERA) Actually, Don is on Charlie Fox's manager card as the pitching coach.
- Charlie Williams (12 games, 3-0, 6.65 ERA)
- John Morris (7 games, 1-0, 8.53 ERA)