- Ed Halicki was coming off of a good season in 1977 -- he was 16-12 with a 3.31 ERA
- Ed pulled a muscle in his side during spring training and didn't pitch until May 14
- Ed pitched a one-hit shutout against the Montreal Expos on June 12.
- Halicki pitched a three-hit shutout against the Cincinnati Reds and beat Tom Seaver 3-0 on June 21. At the time the Giants were two games ahead of the Reds in the NL West
- Ed got his first major league save on August 8 against the rival LA Dodgers
- Halicki was upset with Cincinnati manager Sparky Anderson about some things that Anderson said about him earlier in the year
- Ed ended up with a 9-10 record with a 2.85 ERA in 1978. It was his last good year in the majors.
Hot Stove Update: Coaching Carousel
4 hours ago