- Terry Whitfield's 1979 season started off in a promising manner. Terry went 4 for 5 as the Giants beat up on Cincinnati starter Tom Seaver and won 11-5.
- Whitfield hit an inside-the-park home run off of Philadelphia starter Nino Espinosa on May 1.
- The Giants had a disappointing season in 1979. Whitfield didn't do as well as he did in 1978, but he still batted .287 in 133 games
- Terry would go on to play one more season with the Giants before going to Japan for three years.
- Whitfield came back in 1984 and played from 1984-1986 with the Los Angeles Dodgers
Arroyo & Morse Power, Bullpen Strong, Beat LA
15 hours ago