- Jack Clark was the main man offensively for the Giants in 1980. He batted .284 with 22 HR and 82 RBI and got a few votes in the NL MVP balloting
- Jack was named co-player of the week (with Steve Carlton) in the NL for the week of June 15-22. Clark was 14 for 26 (.538 average) and homered twice during the week.
- Clark suffered a broken bone in his hand after being hit by a pitch from the Mets' Mark Bomback on August 20.
- He came back on September 18 but only pinch hit for the next three days.
- Jack returned to the starting lineup on September 21. He went 6 for 41 after the injury with no extra-base hits
Down on the Farm: 5/25/2017
9 hours ago