- For me this was the highlight of the box of cards that Baseball Dad sent me. I didn't have any 1965 Topps Embossed cards. They are kind of interesting.
- Jim Ray Hart was in his second year in 1965. He and Rico Carty finished a distant second to Dick Allen in NL Rookie of the Year voting in 1964.
- Hart had a nice five-year run (1964-1968) as a productive player in the Giants lineup. He had a little bit of MVP support in 1964, 1965, and 1967. Jim averaged 28 home runs and 89 RBI during that run.
- Jim made the NL All Star team in 1966 -- he struck out pinch hitting for teammate Juan Marichal
- Injuries began to slow Jim down in 1969, and he spent some time in AAA Phoenix in 1970 while trying to come back from a shoulder injury.
- Hart didn't play very much in 1971 and spent most of 1972 in Phoenix.
- The Giants sold Jim to the New York Yankees early in the 1973 season. Jim had a good year as a DH in 1973.
- He started the 1974 season in the minors, had a brief stay with the Yankees in May , and was released from the Yankees on June 7, 1974.
- Here is a biographical sketch of Jim. If the comments are to be believed, some family members would like to find him.
Game Wrap 6/25/2017: Mets 8 Giants 2
3 hours ago