- Allen Ripley was originally signed by the Boston Red Sox in 1972. He spent a lot of time in the minors until he finally got a chance in 1978.
- Ripley split the 1978 and 1979 season between AAA Pawtucket and the Red Sox.
- Allen was purchased by the Giants just before the 1980 season.
- Ripley spent the first seven weeks of the 1980 season in AAA Phoenix and was brought up in late May after an impressive 5-0 record in seven starts.
- Allen was about a .500 pitcher for the Giants in 1980 (9-10, 4.14 ERA) and in 1981 (4-4, 4.07 ERA)
- The Giants traded Ripley to the Chicago Cubs for Doug Capilla after the 1981 season.
- Ripley pitched for the Cubs in 1982 (5-7, 4.26 ERA).
- He was released during spring training in 1983 after he was unable to come back from a shoulder injury.
Down on the Farm: 8/16/2017
18 hours ago