- Randy Elliott spent most of his ten years in baseball playing in AAA.
- This is the only Topps card Randy ever had -- no wonder I didn't know who he was.
- Randy had a couple of short stints with the San Diego Padres in 1972 and in 1974.
- Elliott was picked up by the Giants in September 1976. He was in the California Angels organization in 1976 but he never played that season due to a shoulder separation he suffered in 1975.
- Randy batted .240 with 7 HR and 26 RBI in 73 games with the Giants in 1977. He was used exclusively in left field that season.
- Elliott didn't make the Giants ballclub in 1978 and was released during spring training.
- Randy signed with the Cleveland Indians in April but never played for them (or any of their affiliates) in 1978. He was cut loose during spring training in 1979.
- Elliott had one more go-around with the Oakland A's in 1980 but was released after the season. His .128 average in 39 at bats pretty much sealed the deal.
Game Wrap 6/27/2017: Giants 4 Rockies 3
1 hour ago