- Randy Elliott spent most of his ten years in baseball playing in AAA.
- This is the only Topps card Randy ever had -- no wonder I didn't know who he was.
- Randy had a couple of short stints with the San Diego Padres in 1972 and in 1974.
- Elliott was picked up by the Giants in September 1976. He was in the California Angels organization in 1976 but he never played that season due to a shoulder separation he suffered in 1975.
- Randy batted .240 with 7 HR and 26 RBI in 73 games with the Giants in 1977. He was used exclusively in left field that season.
- Elliott didn't make the Giants ballclub in 1978 and was released during spring training.
- Randy signed with the Cleveland Indians in April but never played for them (or any of their affiliates) in 1978. He was cut loose during spring training in 1979.
- Elliott had one more go-around with the Oakland A's in 1980 but was released after the season. His .128 average in 39 at bats pretty much sealed the deal.
Michael Morse, Kelby Tomlinson called up
4 hours ago