- Here is another Giants card (or sticker in this case) sent to me by Baseball Dad.
- Rick Reuschel had some good years with the Giants from 1987-1989.
- Reuschel had several good years with the Chicago Cubs in the 1970s.
- Rick went to the New York Yankees as a free agent and then got hurt.
- He tried to come back with the Cubs in the mid 80s but was unsuccessful.
- Reuschel pitched well for the Pittsburgh Pirates from 1985-1987 and then was traded to the Giants in time for their playoff drive in 1987. Rick was narrowly beat out for the NL Cy Young Award by Philadelphia's Steve Bedrosian. Bedrosian finished 2 points ahead of Chicago's Rick Sutcliffe and 3 points ahead of Reuschel.
- Even though he was a big dude (his nickname was "Big Daddy"), Reuschel was a good athlete. He was one of my favorites from this era.
Hot Stove Update: Coaching Carousel
4 hours ago