Friday, July 10, 2009

A Giants No-Hitter!



Jonathan Sanchez just pitched a no-hitter for the Giants tonight! He had a perfect game going into the 8th inning but a Juan Uribe error spoiled that. After throwing a wild pitch, Sanchez pitched through the error and got out of the inning. Aaron Rowand made a great catch to rob Edgar Gonzalez of a double with 1 out in the 9th inning. He struck out Everth Cabrera looking to get the no-no!

I got DirecTV just in time! The guy just put it in already and already I was able to see the last three innings of the no-hitter on the MLB network. Interesting thing---I got the picture of the baseball cards from a Dodgers web site. :)
That was a great shot of Jonathan and his father embracing in the dugout.

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

nice. and didn't Lincecum almost have one broken up in the 9th the other day?

now they need bats.

night owl said...

Bleepin' Padres.

I was just about to put the newspaper sports section to bed, and then this thing came over the news wire. I had to redo the front of the sports section. Added 30 minutes onto my work night.

Those Giants are always messing me up.