- Jesus Alou led off the bottom of the 1st with a triple. After Willie McCovey was hit by a pitch Willie Mays hit a sacrifice fly to score Alou.
- In the bottom of the seventh with two out Hal Lanier singled. Rad Sadecki singled him to third and Alou singled to knock Lanier in. McCovey then singled. Sadecki scored and Alou also scored when Jack Clark made a throwing error. 1967 4, 1980 0
- There were two out in the top of the 8th when Bill North doubled. Larry Herndon singled to score North.
- Darrell Evans hit a solo homer in the top of the 9th. After an out was made Mike Sadek doubled to chase Sadecki. Frank Linzy came in the game and Rennie Stennett greeted him with a 2-run homer to tie the game. 1967 4, 1980 4.
- In the bottom of the 10th McCovey singled and went to second on an error. Mays was intentionally walked. After two outs were made pinch hitter Jack Hiatt walked and Lanier singled to knock in pinch runner Ken Henderson with the winning run. 1967 5, 1980 4.