- In the bottom of the fourth Darrell Evans reached on an error by Hal Lanier. Mike Ivie followed with a home run to make the score 2-0. Rennie Stennett homered later in the inning and the score was 3-0.
- In the top of the fifth Ollie Brown got the first hit for the 1967 team when he singled to right. Dick Dietz reached on a 2-base error by Jack Clark. Vida Blue struck out Lanier, got Tito Fuentes to pop out, and struck out Juan Marichal to end the threat.
- In the bottom of the fifth Bill North singled and was erased on a Terry Whitfield fielder's choice. Jack Clark singled then Evans hit a 3-run homer. 1980 6, 1967 0.
- In the top of the 7th Jim Ray Hart tripled and Brown singled to knock him in. Dick Dietz doubled and Lanier singled to score Brown. Dietz scored when reliever Tom Griffin committed a balk. 1980 6, 1967 3.
- In the bottom of the eighth Ivie singled and Mike Sadek was hit by a pitch. The runners advanced a base when Bill Henry threw a wild pitch. Stennett knocked in both runners with a double and scored when Johnnie LeMaster hit a single to right. 1980 9, 1967 3