- Larry Herndon singled and Jack Clark homered to left off of Ray Sadecki to make the score 2-0 in favor of the 1980 Giants. 1980 2, 1967 0.
- In the bottom of the first Jesus Alou singled, went to second on a Willie Mays grounder, and scored when Jim Ray Hart singled to left. 1980 2, 1967 1
- Alou, Willie McCovey, and Mays hit consecutive singles to score a run in the bottom of the fifth. Mays and McCovey scored when Hart doubled to deep center. 1967 4, 1980 2.
- In the top of the sixth Mike Ivie hit a solo homer. 1967 4, 1980 3.
- In the bottom of the seventh the 1967 Giants scored a run as McCovey, Mays, and Ollie Brown each singled. Dick Dietz walked then Hal Lanier singled to score Mays. Brown was thrown out at the plate. 1967 6, 1980 3.
- Darrell Evans, Ivie, and Mike Sadek hit consecutive singles with two out in the bottom of the 8th to score a run. 1967 6, 1980 4.
- Terry Whitfield pinch hit for Johnnie LeMaster to lead off the top of the 9th and hit a solo homer off of Lindy McDaniel. After pinch hitter Milt May flied out Bill North singled and stole second. Hal Lanier booted a Larry Herndon grounder to put runners on first and third with one out. Clark struck out and Evans walked to load the bases. Reliever Frank Linzy struck out Ivie to end the game. 1967 6, 1980 5.