#50 Willie McCovey
- Willie McCovey missed part of the year with an injury, but he was a dangerous hitter when he was in there. Willie batted .277 with 18 HR and 70 RBI in 105 games during the regular season.
- McCovey was 6 for 14 (.429) with 2 HR during the 1971 National League Championship Series
- On May 2 against the Cincinnati Reds McCovey went 2 for 6 with two HR and 3 RBI. His solo home run in the top of the 13th inning was the eventual game-winner.
- Willie played in his last All Star Game in 1971 and was 0 for 2 with a strikeout.
#181 Hal Lanier
- Another Phoenix Municipal Stadium picture
- Hal Lanier batted .233 in 109 games in 1971.
- Lanier started 41 games at 3B and was a defensive replacement in most of his other games.
- Hal went 0 for 1 in the 1971 NLCS.
#378 Tito Fuentes
- Tito Fuentes batted .273 in 152 games in 1971.
- Fuentes was 5 for 16 (.313) in the NLCS.
#486 Steve Huntz
- Steve Huntz didn't play for the Giants in 1971.
- Huntz was traded to the Chicago White Sox on March 23, 1971 for Steve Hamilton
#691 Bob Heise
- Bob Heise was hitless in 11 at bats for the Giants in 1971.
- On June 1 Heise was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers for Floyd Wicker
#224 Alan Gallagher
- Alan Gallagher batted .277 with 5 HR and 57 RBI in 136 games.
- Gallagher was 1 for 10 (.100) in the NLCS.
#461 Jim Hart
- Jim Ray Hart batted .256 in 39 AB.
- He didn't play until June 18 and was used mostly as a pinch hitter during the season.
- Hart went 0 for 5 with two strikeouts in the NLCS.
Others who played infield for the Giants in 1971 but didn't get a 1971 Topps Giants card:
- Dave Kingman (UT) (.278, 6 HR, 24 RBI in 41 games)
- Frank Johnson (UT) (.082 in 49 AB)
- Ed Goodson (1B) (.190 in 42 AB)
- Frank Duffy (UT) (.179 in 28 AB)
- Chris Arnold (2B) (.231 in 13 AB)