#280 Willie McCovey
- Willie McCovey missed about six weeks with an injury and struggled in 1972. He batted .213 with 14 HR and 35 RBI in 81 games.
#427 Tito Fuentes
- Tito Fuentes batted .264 with 7 HR and 53 RBI in 152 games in 1972.
#165 Chris Speier
- Chris Speier had a solid year for the Giants in 1972. He batted .269 with 15 HR, 71 RBI, and 82 walks in 150 games.
#693 Alan Gallagher
- Alan Mitchell Edward George Patrick Henry Gallagher split time with Dave Kingman at third base in 1972. He batted .223 with 2 HR and 18 RBI in 82 games. Gallagher was traded to the California Angels in April of 1973 and retired after the 1973 season.
#733 Jim Hart
- Jim Hart batted .304 in 79 at bats in 1972. Jim had injury problems in 1972 -- he played for about two weeks in May and then didn't play again until September. He ended up starting 20 games at third base and was sold to the New York Yankees early in the 1973 season.
#232 Chris Arnold
- Chris Arnold batted .226 in 84 at bats as a utility player. Arnold bounced between AAA Phoenix and the SF Giants from 1971-1976. He had some great years for Phoenix (.343 in 120 games in 1971 and .302 in 139 games in 1977) but never could stick in the majors. Arnold went to Japan and played for three years after the 1977 season.
Others who played in the infield for the Giants in 1972 but didn't receive a 1972 Topps Giants card:
- Ed Goodson (1B - .280, 6 HR, 30 RBI in 58 games)
- Damaso Blanco (IF - .350 in 20 AB)
- Gary Thomasson (1B/LF - .333 in 27 AB)
- Dave Kingman saw a lot of action at 3B but his card will be featured with the other outfielders.