#19 Skip Pitlock
- Skip Pitlock didn't pitch for the Giants in 1971. He spent the 1971 season in AAA Phoenix.
- Skip pitched for the Giants during the 1970 season.
- Pitlock was with Phoenix again in 1972 before being traded to the Chicago White Sox before the 1973 season.
#276 Mike Davison
- Mike Davison didn't pitch for the Giants in 1971. He split the 1971 season between AAA Phoenix and Cincinnati's AAA Indianapolis clubs.
- Davison pitched for the Giants in parts of the 1969 and 1970 seasons but he retired after the 1971 season.
#354 Don McMahon
- Don McMahon was 10-6 with four saves and a 4.06 ERA in 61 games in 1971.
- Don pitched in two games in the NLCS and didn't allow any runs in three innings.
- McMahon was the Giants' pitching coach in 1973 and in 1974 and was activated for a while in both seasons when the Giants needed some bullpen help. He was the Giants' pitching coach from 1973-1975 and again from 1980-1982.
#412 Jerry Johnson
- Jerry Johnson was 12-9 with 18 saves and a 2.97 ERA in 67 games in 1971.
- Jerry finished 6th in NL Cy Young Award voting in 1971.
- Johnson pitched in game 4 of the NLCS and allowed a 3-run homer to Roberto Clemente in the 6th inning that eventually was the decisive blow in the game.
#443 Rich Robertson
- Rich Robertson was 2-2 with one save and an ERA of 4.57 in 23 games (6 starts).
- Robertson pitched in his final major league game on July 20, 1971. He allowed 3 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks in 1 1/3 innings.
- Robertson was sold to the Chicago White Sox before the 1972 season but the White Sox sent him back during spring training. The Giants released Rich on March 27, 1972. Robertson played in AAA for Atlanta's Richmond club but he retired after the season.
Others who pitched for the Giants in 1971 but who didn't receive a 1971 Topps Giants card:
- Steve Stone (5-9, 4.15 ERA in 24 games - 19 starts)
- Don Carrithers (5-3, 1 save, 4.03 ERA in 22 games - 12 starts)
- Jim Barr (1-1, 3.57 ERA in 17 games)
- Jim Willoughby (0-1, 9.00 ERA in 4 innings)
- Steve Hamilton (2-2, 4 saves, 3.02 ERA in 39 games)