#49 Willie Mays
- This was the legend's final season in San Francisco. He got off to a rough start (.184 but with a .394 OBP in 19 games) and was traded to the New York Mets on May 11 for Charlie Williams and $50,000.
#147 Dave Kingman
- Dave Kingman batted only .225 but hit 29 HR and had 89 RBI for the Giants in 1972. Dave spent most of this season at third base.
#366 Jimmy Rosario
- Jimmy Rosario was 0 for 2 in seven games for the Giants in 1972. Rosario was a familiar face in AAA Phoenix -- he spent all or most of the 1968-1974 seasons there. In 1972 Jimmy batted .296 and had a .421 on base percentage for Phoenix.
#443 Ken Henderson
- Ken Henderson started in LF for the Giants in 1972 and batted .257 with 18 HR and 51 RBI.
#711 Bobby Bonds
- Bobby Bonds had an off year in 1972. He batted .259 with 26 HR and 80 RBI. Bonds led the Giants with 118 runs scored.
#761 Bernie Williams
- Bernie Williams batted .191 in 68 AB for the Giants in 1972. Williams batted over .300 in the minors in 1970, 1971, and 1973 but he didn't repeat that success at the major league level.
Others who played OF for the Giants in 1972 but didn't receive a 1972 Topps Giants card:
- Garry Maddox - the rookie CF batted .266 with 12 HR and 58 RBI in 125 games.
- Gary Matthews (.290 in 62 AB)
- Jim Howarth (.235 in 119 AB)